Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12.27.11 Got a few dozen of John Collins' "JC Electric Caddis"


     For those in the know of super talented New Jersey fly tyers then John Collins name should ring a bell. Besides being the #1 Packers fan, John ties great flies. Besides having seen John speak in person and online at Rise Form Studio, HERE, I have seen a lot of John's ties on Facebook lately so I reached out to him to see if I could purchase a few dozen of his- JC Electric Caddis. Lucky for me John was coming down the shore for a visit and we met up for what looked like a quick drug transaction in the parking lot at 7 Presidents Park.
    John is a member of the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild and on the pro staff for several fly tying related companied including Regal Engineering, Flyman Fishing Company and Clear Cure Goo. To see some of John's other ties you can see him at the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset or at myflies HERE.

I can't wait to wet these flies, I know they are productive.