Saturday, October 1, 2011

10.01.11 Out for first light, then TU stuff, then out again...nothin'

The view from Long Branch this afternoon
     Not much to say. Out before first light, caught slack low and then two hours of the incoming. Saw bait, and some more bait. Yesterday the fished pushed in at two in the afternoon and corned mullet on the rocks. That from my friend who was there. This morning nothing. 

     Then it was off to the Forest Resource Education Center where three of us from jersey Shore Trout Unlimited manned a table at the Forest Fall Festival. Our President Duane did a great job talking to the parents and kids about stream quality and Trout in the Classroom. I was a slouch and spent most of my time talking to Bill and a few potential clients for guiding in the salt. 

     After that I caught the outgoing. I fished Deal, Long Branch ( above picture ) under flat seas and threatening skies. I jumped to Allenhurst where I saw a nice 24 inch short get caught with nine hooks in the head. The fish will surely need a faceplant after that. Can we pass some regulation on the amount of hooks on one lure, could 6 of them be barbless? The water was flat as glass and all I saw was happy mullet traveling south. Heard from a friend of albies on the fly in Monmouth Beach from a kayak. Other than that, that's it. 

JSTU President Duane Lloyd at the FREC