Wednesday, June 29, 2011

06.27- 06.29.11 Up in the Adirondacks...the future fly shop is up for sale


     Took my boys up to Ausable Forks to tighten up the houses. We left around 5 am Monday and came home about 5pm today. We did a lot of work and the boys were great most of the time. I spent most of my time seal coating the macadam in front of the lodge ( 10 5-gallon buckets) and the boys painted. We also did a ton of yard work between the two houses. We took plenty of meal breaks and last night had a great meal at the Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood Company in Lake Placid, followed up with shakes at Ben and Jerry's. It was more of a work trip but I did sneak out around 6 am to fish my "home waters" in front of the place.










     We have decided to sell the "blue house" or future fly shop as I would call it. It sits on the banks of the West Branch of the Ausable. It is empty inside, I mean empty as in gutted. It's needs to be done from top to bottom. The view up the river is phenomenal and watching the hatches and guys fishing from the deck overlooking the river is great. You have one neighbor, me, and no one up river of you for miles. The sale price is $ 50,000, firm cash as-is. I will be putting up a formal blog post on the sale shortly, for now, the sale sign is planted on the lawn.