Tuesday, April 19, 2011

04.19.11 Florida is great! Took my boy fishing-monster reds and jacks!

Just a quick word from sunny Florida. Vero Beach is great. Took my soon fishing early Monday morning at Sebastian inlet State Park. Starting soaking shrimp and then switched to a bomber when the huge jacks and monster redfish went on a tear through mullet balled up in the inlet. My son had a big jack on that spit the hook after a jump. I should have taken some pics of the fish the others caught, but we were too caught up in the moment. I went back last night to fish the incoming tide. Found a nice cove and picked up a flounder on a shrimp fly. At night, it looks just like 8th Avenue in Asbury Park when things are hot. I hope to walk the flats before the weeks up, or get a shot at those big reds and jacks one more time!