Sunday, March 13, 2011

03.13.11 Nothing like another early season fishing show to get the blood flowing

Plugs by Gary Soldati

     What a nice day to get out and hit one of the most popular fishing flea markets along the Jersey Shore. The Asbury Park Fishing Club held their 19th Annual Fishing Flea Market at Convention Hall on the boardwalk. It featured over 35 of the top plug makers around today. Even though I only fly fish it was still cool to see the variety of the plugs available today. I saw them priced from 15 to 35 dollars. In addition to plugs there was everything else from bucktails to snagging hooks to jigs to rods and reels. The pictures I took for this post came from the table of plugmaker Gary Soldati of bigwaterlures. It's funny that a small clouser can compete with one of these monster plugs for big stripers. I wonder if I could throw one with a 10 weight if I go easy?

Inside Convention Hall

Plugs by Gary Soldati