Saturday, January 1, 2011

01.01.11 Happy New Year- it starts all over again!

To you and yours from me and mine- Happy, Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year in 2011! It's amazing how quickly time flies by, and how the years peel off the calendar. Well with January here, the yearly fishing cycle begins anew. Salmon fishing for the next month, then the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset for the weekend, then it's tying and fighting off the last bit of cabin fever, and then it's the early hatches up on the Delaware. Then stripers, and sulfurs, then drakes and isos, and then albies, stripers, salmon, steelhead, and then it's January 2012.!

                           

I just got back from four days up at the lodge in the Adirondacks. I left 30 inches of snow here in New Jersey, and when I got up there they had about five. Still had a great time playing games, sitting by the fire, watching movies and sledding. NO FISHING- not even a quick ride to the Lake Champlain tribs for some landlocks.

                                              Click on image to visit the Catch Magazine website

To those that have contacted me thanks for the kind words on my images in the latest issue of Catch Magazine. For those that know, the Ken Lockwood Gorge is on the South Branch of the Raritan River, not the Delaware that I incorrectly listed. I almost threw up when I saw that. Special thanks again to those that helped me with the shoots for that project, especially Rich Garfield at www.flyfishtheadirondacks.com . Rich is an amazing guide and tyer and I will hopefully have a chance to work with him in the future.