Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12.28.10 We got a ton of snow but luckily we're heading up and outta here


     I don't know what the totals are, but here in the Ocean Township - Asbury Park area we must have received 24-30" of snow. My daughter took this shot as we took a ride through Asbury Park this afternoon. It took over 24 hours to get a plow down our street and tonight Route 18 still is shut down, it's one lane each way on Route 35 and the Parkway is open, but the lines on the road don't match the lanes in the roadway, if that makes any sense. My friend Dave called me from Florida tonight to check the roofs on the old Fly Hatch, as he was worried about the snow load on the roof from the blizzard. Anyway, we are heading out tomorrow for a trip to the lodge in the Adirondacks. It should be a fun winter trip, but I can't wait to be taking some guided trips out up there this summer. 

                                      

NEW this week. Check out my spread in issue 15 of Catch Magazine, it'll be out January 1, and you can see it HERE. It's my first time working with Brian O'Keefe. We already have a few more projects lined up for 2011.  Hope you like what you see.

Lastly, hope you and yours have a safe and Happy New Year!! 

All the Best, 

Colin Archer
 The Average Angler