Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12.01.10 Weather slowed, wind from the west, took a shot...


     So I thought maybe since the wind changed and the rain stopped that maybe the seas kicked it down a notch, nope. When I pulled onto Phillips off of Ocean Ave I could see it was a surfers convention, that meant big waves. Yep, big overhead to 10 footers breaking off the groin. I still liked my chances. I fished on the north side and in between the waves that snuck into shore and crashed at my knees and the strong rip, I thought I could squeak one out. The water was filthy and I felt like I was fall trout fishing because every other cast I picked up leaves. I did see a huge flock of gulls out a bit diving and feeding on something. I didn't have my binoculars so I couldn't see if there were fish underneath. Looks like things may be okay tomorrow, I'll give it a go mid morning.