Tuesday, August 24, 2010

08.24.10 What a different time....

Look at me. Probably about 30 something years ago. String wrapped around a stick with a sunny on the hook. Standing proud as a peacock. I must be getting mushy and sentimental, or just mental, in my ever getting old age. Trying to figure out the meaning of life past, and future.
As like everyone else, accomplishments and failures along the way...knock on wood...but there's just no way of predicting the future.
I can honestly say there isn't a part of me that would have bet that at 43 I would be on the verge of a second marriage, have four kids instead of "two and done", and would be trying to make a living in photography in the middle of this electronic filled digital and technological driven age...and... starting my new dream of guiding fly fisherman along the way.
Just when I thought I had life figured out and just where I wanted it...boom...there it went. That was seven years ago. It was like a river crested and took my whole life downstream with it. When it subsided I was left clinging to a rock.
I hope one day, soon, I will be able to stand tall again and be as proud as that small boy standing on the bridge, with a fish hanging from a stick.