Thursday, May 14, 2009

05.12.09 Researching how to become a fly fishing guide

Well tonight I started looking into becoming a fishing guide. My dream would be to guide in New York, on the West Branch of the Delaware and the West Branch of the Ausable. Then I thought maybe I should start with New Jersey and continue to learn and work my way up to New York. So I looked on line and got the particulars for the testing process and knowledge base for the New York exam. I looked up for New Jersey, but it doesn't seem to be a test/ license for it. There are a handful of guides for New Jersey, mostly for the South Branch of the Raritan-mostly the Ken Lockwood Gorge, and some for the Big Flatbrook. I guess I'll have to finally buy a New Jersey fishing license and start fishing the old haunts once again!